BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) – As Alabama and Auburn hit the gridiron for their spring games on Saturday, the Boston tragedy will assuredly be on everyone’s minds.
Police are planning to beef up security at Bryant-Denny and Jordan Hare Stadiums.
Alabama fans should leave their umbrellas, coolers and strollers at home. Large bags, artificial noisemakers, flags and banners on poles are also prohibited.
The same rules apply to Auburn.
A list of all prohibited items can be found below.
- Artificial noisemakers
- Cameras with detachable lenses or lenses over 4 inches
- Large bags (12 x 12 x 12 is maximum size)
- Outside food or drink
- Stadium seats with arms
- Video cameras
- As well as any items deemed inappropriate hazardous or unsafe by venue personnel.
- A purse or tote bag bigger than 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper
- Artificial noisemakers (bells, horns, whistles, cow bells, etc.)
- Outside food and drink
- Cameras with telephoto lenses over 6 inches long
- Flags/Banners on poles
Copyright 2013 WIAT-TV CBS 42