MIDFIELD, Ala. (WIAT)– Residents of Carol Circle in Midfield found themselves forced out of their homes Friday morning.The reason for the displacement was a natural gas leak.
The leak came from an old house, which was destroyed previously by a fire, that was being torn down this morning.
One of the construction workers who was tearing down the house hit a live gas pipe causing the leak.
Midfield authorities, as a safety precaution, moved nearby neighbors away from the area.
Alagasco arrived shortly afterwards to stop the leakage.